Now hiring for Market Manager:
The Manzanita Farmers Market is now hiring for the position of Market Manager. See below for a job description and other pertinent information.
If you are interested, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible! Please send your response and any inquiries to Board President Bob La Torre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Manzanita Farmers Market Manager
The Market Manager helps develop the farmers market with the MFM Board of Directors. The Market Manager independently plans, operates, and delegates activities to volunteers to fulfill the functions of the weekly farmers market. Must be able to work Fridays during market season, June through late September. The Manager reports to the Manzanita Farmers Market Board. This is a contract position.
General Market Manager Duties
• Recruit and manage farmers and other vendors
• Plan and facilitate annual vendor training
• Organize and recruit volunteers at weekly market
• Set agenda for and attend monthly board meetings. Give monthly market reports and other reports as applicable
• Maintain market record keeping; maintain and organize files with contact information on all market participants, vendors, entertainers, volunteers, service providers
• Work with market treasurer to develop annual budget; track payments, income and expenses
• Develop, lead and manage promotional efforts for the market, including print advertising and social media; maintain MFM Facebook page and draft weekly in season e-newsletters; with support from the board advertising committee, develop an annual advertising and marketing plan
• Manage and maintain Facebook page and weekly (in-season) e-newsletter
• Develop, lead and manage fundraising efforts for the market; with support from the board fund development committee, develop an annual fundraising plan
• Create mid-season and end-of-season status report and submit notes, files and other information to board.
• Participate in annual “personnel review”
• Implement low income food access administration, for SNAP, WIC & FDNP outreach to vendors and customers) and other related programs
• Assist in the development of cultural accessibility to the market.
• At least two years experience in community organizing or farmers market management
• Must be self-directed and proficient at creative problem solving and organizational development
• Enjoy working with people from different backgrounds
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a working knowledge of administrative functions and practices
• General background and strong interest in community development including small business and economic development initiatives
• Interest in healthy eating and improving access to affordable, nutritious foods through direct farm markets
• Must be proficient in basic office equipment
• Must be proficient with Microsoft or Macintosh office software, social media tools, website updates, and general internet navigation
This is a contract position, and is expected to take approximately 80 hours per month during the “high” season (February through October) and approximately 40 hours per month during “off” season (November, December, January.) Compensation will be based on experience.
How to apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to Board President Bob La Torre at:
July 25, 2020