The Manzanita Farmers Market is now hiring for the position of Market Manager. See below for a job description and other pertinent information. If you are interested, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible! Please send your response and any inquiries to Board President Bob La Torre at
Manzanita Farmers Market Manager
The Market Manager helps develop the farmers market with the MFM Board of Directors. The Market Manager independently plans, operates, and delegates activities to volunteers to fulfill the functions of the weekly farmers market. Must be able to work Fridays during market season, June through late September. The Manager reports to the Manzanita Farmers Market Board. This is a contract position.
General Market Manager Duties:
● Recruit and manage farmers and other vendors
● Organize and recruit volunteers at weekly market
● Plan and facilitate annual vendor training
● Maintain market record keeping; maintain and organize files with contact information on all market participants, vendors, entertainers, volunteers, service providers, sponsors, customers
● Manage online sales platform, including onboarding and vendor assistance
● Manage and track vendor invoicing (currently via PayPal invoices) and all other MFM expense and income tracking and provide organized information to MFM bookkeeper. Make deposits at bank.
● Implement low income food access administration, for SNAP, DUFB, WIC & FDNP and outreach to vendors and customers, with other related programs such as vouchers from partner organizations.
● Assist in the development of cultural accessibility to the market.
● Develop, lead and manage promotional efforts for the market, including print advertising and social media; maintain and update MFM website, maintain MFM Facebook page and draft weekly in season e-newsletters; with support from the board advertising committee, develop an annual advertising and marketing plan.
● Develop, lead and manage fundraising efforts for the market; with support from the board fund development committee, develop and implement an annual fundraising plan.
● Set agenda for and attend monthly board meetings. Give monthly market reports and other reports as applicable.
● Work with the market treasurer and budget committee to develop annual budget; track
payments, income and expenses.
● Create mid-season and end-of-season status reports and submit notes, files and other
information to the board.
● Participate in annual “personnel review”
● Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a working knowledge of administrative functions and practices
● Must be self-directed and proficient at creative problem solving and organizational development
● Enjoy working with people from different backgrounds
● At least two years experience in community organizing or farmers market management
● General background and strong interest in community development including small business and economic development initiatives
● Interest in healthy eating and improving access to affordable, nutritious foods through direct farm markets
● Must be proficient in basic office equipment
● Must be proficient with Microsoft or Macintosh office software, social media tools, website updates, and general internet navigation
Hours: This is a part-time contract position, and is expected to take approximately 80 hours per month during the “high” season (March through August) and approximately 40 hours per month during “off” season (September through February.) Annual compensation from $11,000 to $13,000 depending on experience, with potential for performance-based incentives. How to apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to Board President Bob La Torre at: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20, 2021